January 21, 2003
The six participants answer questions for over 100 international journalists.
On January 21st a press conference was held to publicize the situation
of 58 North Korean refugees arrested while trying to flee China by boat.
Representatives from the following organizations attended:
Also attending were:
- Life Funds for North Korean Refugees
- Durihana Mission
- Helping Hands Korea
- Korean Peninsula Peace Project (aka Exodus 21)
- MSF (Doctors Without Borders)
About 100 journalists from foreign and domestic news organizations were present.
- Norbert Vollertsen, the German activist physician
- Sang Hun Kim, former UN official and now international human rights volunteer